Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I have forgotten more than most people learn in a lifetime."



















Another Saturday Night...


Studying Med Micro...

This is how I do it (The insane amounts of memorizing): I write everything out in order, sit myself in front of my 8x4 foot white board and read it over and over and over and make all of the connections that I can.

I have really come to appreciate what an analytical chem professor of mine in my undergrad meant when he said, "I have forgotten more than most people ever learn in a lifetime."

I have learned that at this point it is about understanding and recognition. I know what is going on and, when primed (AKA when someone is talking about something that I once learned inside and out...) I can pretty much drop back into autopilot and have a conversation with them about the topic. Recognition is key after understanding. (Except that there is little or no understanding in med micro...)

P.S. Each of the photos horizontally represents about 2-2.5 feet on my 8 foot board that is usually covered COMPLETELY at least once a week.

Good strategy if I might say so myself.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

The hard part is keeping Tab from scribbling all over it.

Alissa said...

if it's working for you, then great! that would give me a headache!

Unknown said...

And I've forgotten more than I've learned.....