Thursday, March 27, 2008

#1 Post

Now that I am starting this blog I guess that I can't make fun of my wife as much as I used to for doing her blog.

I was just thinking that this would give me some incentive to think more about the million (plus or minus a couple) things that are going on in my life, my family, and my head.

I also thought that it would give me some incentive to think on the bright side when I am up to my ears in garbage so that I can look back on myself as an optimist. (Even though that is not always the case...)

That said, I am a father of 2 boys, have been married for 4 years, and am currently a first year osteopathic med student.

My oldest is currently nearing 3 years old and my youngest is about 7 months.

As if that wasn't enough, I am the VP for the medical school peds club, am a Court Appointed Special Advocate, teach 4-5 year olds Sunday School, play intramural racquetball, and am training for a 1/2 marathon (If the body and the schedule permit... the last 8.5 mile run I did just about did me in...)

My goals are simple... Succeed at everything:

1. Have a great family life.
2. Become the best doctor I can be.
3. Give back everything that I can to the community and others.
4. Have some fun while I am at it.

That might sound a bit lame... but that's me... lame...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You are already very successful. You take such good care of the boys and I. You are working to be a great dr. and I know you will be. You are working to give to the community and I like to believe you are having a good time of it all.... love you

Alissa said...

you are incredibly lame for not liking chocolate, but i can't think of a single other reason.