Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Preceptorship

This summer the school is sending us out to the whole state on preceptorships. Basically, we get to work with local docs (probably just getting patient histories and performing some physical exams).
I am going to St Louis for 2 weeks to work in an E.R. I am excited. It will be fun to see practical medical applications of the didactics that we are learning at school as well as see things that I haven't seen before.

I am hoping to get in and see a few surgeries and maybe volunteer in a local hispanic clinic. We shall see.

I will try to post a couple of fun/more interesting cases that I see.

The only downer is the 2 weeks without Jenny and the Kids. The last time that we spent 2 weeks apart was tough for all of us.

After that, it is off to PA!

No comments: