Monday, April 28, 2008

Three Cheers for Jenny

Seriously-

I don't know how she does it. Our youngest is up all night screaming and crying with ear infections in both ears. (Poor guy... oddly enough, and hopefully not related... I just got over ear infections in both ears. It was one of the most miserable things. It hurt to hear, it hurt to eat, it killed to swallow, it gave me a headache, and made me essentially non-functional for about a week. Well that and my pinkeye in both eyes and losing my voice...)

I see her trying her hardest to get things done at home despite the demands of the sick one and the relentless demands of a 3 year old. (No comment about my relentless demands which are even more... especially since I sometimes feel as though I am buried deeper than her and I worry that I make her feel that is true.) She still gets things done. Gets up at night. Takes care of the boys. Takes care of me.

She is pretty much what keeps things going in this disjointed world of ours.

Love you dear. You are awe inspiring.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

i am convinced that jenny is my idol.

Rebekah said...

My idol too. And she knows just about everything when I have questions about my baby. She's amazing. I just love my sisters.

Jenny said...

Thanks hubby. I really do try hard to keep things somewhat together. And Bekah I just make up the answers to your questions. I don't really know the answers. I just tell you what sounds good.